Friday, April 17, 2015

Digital Blog Post #L

Well the end is near, as the quote goes. After everything I have learned about combining tech into teaching, I'm sad to see it end so soon.

In this chapter one of the major topics that stuck out to me was 'Using technology as a reward or punishment'. When I have my own classroom, I plan to use technology as a reward and as a center they do. I want to work with elementary children and nowadays most of them enjoy playing on electronics. I could do a 'Fun Friday' where they can bring their electronics and play on them, but only if they have had a good week. I don't think its right to use technology as a punishment because then children may not want to use it in the future when they really need to.

I also play to use the tool of involving my students in educational change. The educational requirements for students are continually changing and teachers have to change with it. The only way students can change is if the teachers are open to the change and encouraging the students that it is a good change. There are plenty of ways that teachers can help bring change to the students education, all depending on what they are needed an educational change in.

After this course I plan to do most of my prep for teaching on my computer. This makes it easier for teachers to do their work from home although you don't want to be stuck doing all the work at home. Its nice to be able to do lesson plans, class notes or anything else from your computer. I like this because with being a mother you don't want to be spending all of your time at work trying to get everything done and not spending much time with your own children. They say they grow faster then you expect.

This is a great chapter to wrap up everything that has been taught while also giving a few more tips on how to implement things.


Work Cited

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. You have been exposed to a tremendous amount of content regarding educational technology this past semester...and, amazingly, there is much more out there. Technology and education will always be changing (which is a good thing as that means there is always grown and development) but that can also make it challenging. Hopefully, you will continue to be up for the challenge and will model it for both your own children and the students you will be teaching.

    ReplyDelete